Mobile clothing closets that travel throughout California.
HELP ON WHEELS
Our fleet of 24’ enclosed trailers are traveling clothing closets for children in need. They are fully stocked with newborn to teen clothing, including other specialized resources of diapers, school supplies, toiletries, blankets, etc. What makes this program so unique and desirable is its ability to travel and set up just about anywhere.
- Support the clothing needs of Family/child/student advocates and liaisons by parking the trailers at countywide social service headquarters.
- Attend Title #1 and #3 school community events, and alternate between the schools to reach surrounding neighborhoods, students, and their families.
- Collaborate with foodbanks, public health clinics, and multi-agency human service resource events.
- Provide emergency resource support for disaster relief, and outdoor distributions during pandemic shutdowns.
- Reach children with developmental disabilities in Special Day Classes and medically fragile children at hospital family day events. Trailers are wheelchair and stroller accessible.
- Target neighborhoods in socioeconomically compromised communities where families and children are on foot and have no transportation.
- Pull our trailers with ¾ ton turbo diesel 4X4 trucks, enabling us to move our trailers through dirt fields and farmland to reach isolated underserved communities.
- Travel throughout the State of California.